Thursday, March 12, 2015

One "Fortunate" Day


It was the summer of 2003, I was 13 then, and was travelling to Varanasi by train. There was a Hindu saint/priest in our compartment. I don't know whether he was travelling with a proper ticket or not, most of them are freeloaders anyhow. As the train was heading closer to the destination, many had already deboarded the train. There was very few people left in the coach, and only three people in that compartment. He drew himself closer to me. He put his bhagwa cloth on my lower, and from beneath it, started fondling my penis. I moved from there. Some people will try to assert that that wasn't a sexual abuse, but I am certain that that was a sexual abuse.

I had kept my silence till now. I am fully aware of the fact that being silent about the wrongs is a heinous crime, and I am guilty as charged. Our silence is the biggest weapon that they use against us. But this is not about my plight. My plight is not at all important. It is about the plight of others who have suffered/is suffering similar fate. I don't know whether what happened to me was right or wrong, but what has happened/is happening to other's is definitely wrong. We live in a very grievous world where beings (male/female, human/non-human) are being sexually abused/exploited. And there are people who are trying to perpetuate/deny/defend/justify it as they have the luxury of not being at the receiving end.

I have kept my silence about was done to me, but I'm not going to be silent about the wrongs that is happening to others. I am not against the materialistic luxury of people, but I won't let people have the luxury of perpetuating/denying/defending/justifying wrongs on others just because they are not at the receiving end of it. I'll speak against it and will make sure that one fortunate day they will be stripped off their luxury of perpetuating/denying/defending/justifying wrongs on others just because they are not at the receiving end.

Sexual abuse/exploitation IS sexual abuse/exploitation no matter how much they deny/defend/justify it. And we are all, in one way or the other, guilty of it. If we are consuming dairy/poultry we ARE contributing to sexual abuse/exploitation of others (in this case, non-human females). But you can bring an end to it by going Vegan.

P.S.: There are some people who assert that a sexual abuse/exploitation is not a sexual abuse/exploitation if the victim does not show any psychological disorder. Although I wish that everyone will be safe and no one will have face such fate, but if on some unfortunate day someone gets sexually abused/exploited, ask that being to show psychological disorder, or else the sexual abuse/exploitation won't be considered as sexual abuse/exploitation.

~Caritas, Lux et Varitas;
The Unknown Poet.

No comments: