Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Eternal Wait

I waited and waited, hoping that you will come,
till the setting of the moon and the rising of the sun,
when for the world the day was beginning, my came to an abrupt end,
by getting to know, that now towards me, you will never tend.

I got drenched waiting for you all throughout the monsoon,
and shivered with cold, waiting in the winter which arrived soon,
and while waiting in the ever soaring heat of summer, I got sunburn,
but towards my waiting self, you never took a road of return.

All these times, I was at your gate,
sitting there in your wait,
so as to keep the promises that I made,
and to see whether or not you were written in my fate.

But of the wait, I became tired,
so to my death bed, I finally retired,
and there where I waited, now sits my grave,
which you can visit, if ever for me you will crave.

~Love, Light and Truth;
Harshad Gupta

No comments: