Monday, March 25, 2013

Favorite Quotes!!

"Our morality is not based upon what's right or wrong, but merely upon what is convenient to us and what is not, and that is very hazardous" ~Shashank Gupta.

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." ~Robert Frost

"The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself." ~ Jane Eyre

"The self is an error, an illusion, a dream" ~ Buddha

"Only very few people live. Ninety-nine point nine percent of people commit slow suicide." ~ Osho

"To me the meanest flower that blows can give Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears." ~ Wordsworth

"I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute." ~ Rebecca West

"The eating of meat extinguishes the seed of great compassion" ~ Mahaparinirvana (Mahayana Version)

"I deserted the world and sought solitude because I became tired of rendering courtesy to those multitudes who believe humility is sort of weakness, and mercy is kind of cowardice, and snobbery a form of strength" ~ Khalil Gibran

"Live with no regrets and love with no excuses" ~ Paulo Coelho

"No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up" ~ Paulo Coelho

"What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now." ~ Anonymous

"Be a source of joy. And let the critics and haters complain about the world". ~Aleph

"People like me write because otherwise we are pretty inarticulate. Our articulation is our writing." ~ William Trevor

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~ Martin Luther King Jr

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." ~ Margaret Mead

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good man to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends" ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight".~ Albert Schweitzer

"Animals are my friends, and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernard Shaw.

"A friendship that can be ended didn't ever start". ~ Mellin de Saint-Gelais.

"It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and to expose lies". ~ Noam Chomsky

"To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders" ~ Lao Tzu

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people" ~Giordano Bruno

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

"I do not like eating meat because I have seen lambs and pigs killed. I saw and felt their pain. They felt the approaching death. I could not bear it. I cried like a child. I ran up a hill and could not breathe. I felt that I was choking. I felt the death of the lamb." ~ Vaslav Nijinsky

"A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself." ~ Louis L'Amour

1 comment:

Jaana said...

These are great! Specially like the ones from Paulo Coleho. Do you have a http://www.quotista.com account so I could follow your quotes there as well?
There are a lot of quotes by Coelho on Quotista:

http://quotista.com/search/search?q=Paulo+Coelho